Sunday, March 11, 2012

Wonder Beauty Products - Liam's Galaxy

Liam's Galaxy is a navy jelly polish with silver, light blue and gold glitter.  The shop owner, Jen, says that it contains "glow in the dark effects", but I haven't tested out its glow in the dark potential yet.

These polishes can be a bit finicky because you need to stir them essentially every time you apply them.  They do not want to be quick layered either.  The reason I did not swatch all 3 I have today is because you need to wait for them to dry between coats, and I am feeling lazy today.

This is 3 coats plus top coat.  I did not add any of the extra fusing liquid to the polish in the jar.

Outdoors

Indoors

This polish is gorgeous.  Although a bit finicky to apply, I do actually like the Wonder Beauty idea.  I like that I can use every single last drop of a polish because it comes in a jar.  I like that I can add clear to it so I can thin out the colour/glitter density without losing viscosity.  These did dry relatively quickly, and if I was not so very very lazy I could have swatched the others today.  I plan to do so next weekend and will likely post on Sunday.

Jen was very nice and accommodating.  She can ship up to 4 of her polish sets to Canada for $10 dollars shipping.  If you want to buy this polish, you can find it at her etsy shop. Pin It

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! polish in a jar is a strange concept though, does she sell them with brushes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I should have taken more pictures. It comes in a little mesh bag (cute) with 1 jar of polish, 1 bottle of the fusing liquid/topcoat which is a standard bottle of polish and you use that brush to paint your nails and that liquid for top coat or to pour into your jar of polish to change the consistency etc. It also comes with a little stick for stirring your polish with.

      Delete
  2. So she basically compresses the majority of the glitter in the jar with a bit of base, and then you add extra thinner/clear/base to use on your nails?

    That is an interesting concept. And like you said, you could pretty much use every last drop. >:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does! She says the bases are concentrated. You can pour the clear polish into the tub to thin it etc as needed. I quite like the concept! Some of her polishes are super pretty. The other ones that I got which I will swatch next weekend are Aphrodisiac and Moonshine Merlot.

      Delete
  3. Nail color looks so amazing and so attractive. I like the shed which you used. Really like it.





    Cloth Diaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. it does glow! u gotta hold your nails to the light for a few minutes, then voila!

    ReplyDelete